[OpenAFS] Re: [ibm-linux-tech] AFS on a netVista running RedHat 7.1

Steve Eichblatt eichblat@us.ibm.com
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 16:48:53 -0400

Hi,

This is a note i originally send to the ibm-linux-tech mailing list, but
it may also belong in your mailing list (of which i am not a member).

The key paragraph is

I first tried the rpm's from openafs.org, mentioned in this mailing list,
but i had problems.

At least one of the problems was when the /etc/rc.d/init.d/afs script
tries to determine which module to load it came up with
/usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.2-2.o (i think...), which could not
be inserted. I manually changed this to libafs-2.4.2-i686.o (the key being
the i686), which did at least load. However, after this problem, the
openafs rpm still did not work, (i can't remember why), so i resorted
to another solution.

The entire mail appears below.

Thanks,

Steve Eichblatt