[OpenAFS] Rh 7.1/vanilla 2.4.5/openafs 1.0.4. Cache problem?

Tim Carlson tim.carlson@pnl.gov
Fri, 06 Jul 2001 13:07:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I've got a number of Rh 7.1 boxes installed with openafs 1.0.4 clients.
The kernel is stock 2.4.5 with no modifications. The AFS servers are Sun
Solaris 8 running the latest Transarc (3.6 + some patch level) AFS. Now
almost everything works well execpt I have the following problem. If I
want to compile bash (as an example), I do your standard...

cd /tmp
tar zxf bash-2.05.tar.gz
cd bash-2.05
./configure

(Here is where I get this odd problem)

-snip--
checking for minix/config.h... configure: /msrc/apps/gnu/bin/grep: No such file
or directory
-snip--

Now the configure seems to work well, but it is a bit dishearting to see
that error. If I remove the config.cache, and rerun configure, the error
goes away most of the time.  grep is in fact there

% file  /msrc/apps/gnu/bin/grep
/msrc/apps/gnu/bin/grep: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

Any ideas? I was guessing that it was some kind of cache problem. I also
get the same problem with 1.0.4a.

afsd is running like this

/usr/vice/etc/afsd -stat 2800 -dcache 2400 -daemons 5 -volumes 128 -nosettime

TIA

Tim Carlson
Voice: (509) 376-0300
Email: Tim.Carlson@pnl.gov