[OpenAFS] AFS, IP-Filters, and NAT

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
07 Jul 2001 10:12:49 -0400

No, servers cache the ip/port for each client they see.  It also
assumes that a client will not change ip/port mid-session.

You do not need to map ports directly.  Just change your UDP timeout
so that UDP ports originating inside the NAT from port 7001 have NO
timeout.  That way the NAT box will always remember the mapping for
those ports.  Alternatively, you can set the UDP timeout to something
large, like 30 minutes.  That should assure that the mapping is kept
alive.

-derek