[OpenAFS] Drive Z not accessable

Christophe BERNARD bernard@cmm.ensmp.fr
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:57:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hello.

I fear this question has been asked before, but browsing the web and the
afs mailing lists, I could not find any clue, so here is my problem:

I set up a linux openafs (1.0.4) server for redhat 6.2 which is working
cleanly (except for an init script that looks for the 'bos' command in the
wrong directory).

I installed the Windows 95/98 client on a windows 98 (first
release) machine. I had to manually add a more recent 'mfc42.dll' for the
client UI to start properly.

However, connecting to the server fails. In more detail:

1. Enable AFS client console (OK in 1s)
2. "Authenication" also OK within 1sec.
3. 'Connect drive letter map points' takes long, and a popup then follows:

  "Unable to open explorer. Drive Z is connected but not accessable."

Any hint of why this happens ? Note that the firewalling configuration
accepts ANY input from the client host. Also, various server programs seem
to be listening to the afs UDP ports on the server.

Ch.

--=20
    Christophe BERNARD - Centre de Morphologie Math=E9matique
=C9cole des Mines de Paris - 35, rue Saint-Honor=E9 - 77305 Fontainebleau c=
edex
           t=E9l +33-1-64694775   - fax +33-1-64694707
        email bernard@cmm.ensmp.fr - http://cmm.ensmp.fr