[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on MacOS X

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v+@andrew.cmu.edu
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:10:11 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from internet.computing.openafs.info: 10-Jul-101 Re: [OpenAFS]
OpenAFS on Ma.. by Jim Rees@umich.edu
> This problem comes up over and over.  I am inclined to put a dirty hack in
> to the stat op that would fake up the stat info for anything in /afs.  Most
> anything that stats these entries just wants to know whether it's a file or
> a directory, and it's always a directory.  This could be made optional on a
I/We considered this hack to deal with the Mac OS X problem (after all,
transarc AFS had it for NeXTStep.), but it's insufficient. Not only does
the finder stat the mountpoint to see if it's a directory, but once it
discovers that it is, it reads it to see if it contains a "Contents"
directory (which identifies whether or not it is an Apple/NeXT bundle)