[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.0.4 vs. Win(9,2K)

Toens Bueker toens.bueker@gmx.net
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:19:44 +0200

James Peterson <jimpeter@us.ibm.com> meinte:

> Thank you for the log print out!
>
> Unfortunately, all I have is:  This problem is with the Kerbos
> Authentication while trying to get a valid ticket.

:-)

> >From the Windows 2000 environment you might try to obtain tokens manually:
>    Bring up the DOS command window
>    Enter evemtwr     (This will bring up the evenlog window.)
>    Clear the event log
>    Start up the AFS service (don't try to obtain tokens).
>    Bring up the DOS command line window
>    Enter klog yourname@yourcell
>    Follow with password.
>    Record any messages or errors in the event log or from the command line.
>    Send us the results

There's no error in the event-log. The error on the command-line says:

'Unable to authenticate to AFS because unknown authentication error 3'.

The log of the kerberos-Server says:

krb5kdc[944]: PROCESS_V4:Initial ticket request Host: 192.168.1.127 User: "toens" ""
krb5kdc[944]: PROCESS_V4:V5 REQUIRES_PREAUTH set: "toens" ""

Ok.

I switched on 'full' Kerberos4 compatibility-mode on my krb5-kdc - and I can
get tokens. I suppose now I have to look up "how to migrate AFS to kerberos-5"
somewhere in the FAQ, right?

by
Töns
--