[OpenAFS] Drive Z not accessable

Christophe BERNARD Christophe.BERNARD@cmm.ensmp.fr
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:06:21 +0200 (CEST)

On 11 Jul 2001, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Christophe BERNARD <Christophe.BERNARD@cmm.ensmp.fr> writes:
>
> > So I first accepted TCP/UDP connections to port 750, 7000-7009, and then
> > even gave any fine grain access control by accepting ANY traffic from the
> > client (something you achieve by typing:
> >
> > ipchains -I input 1 -s client-ip -j ACCEPT
>
> What about traffic _TO_ the client?  Try:
>
> ipchains -I input 1 -d client-ip -j ACCEPT

I believe you are talking about configuring the server, as the client has
Windows running.

This is definitely set up in the _OUTPUT_ chain, so I would have to type:

ipchains -I output 1 -d client-ip -j ACCEPT

which is useless anyways because the default policy for the output chain
is ACCEPT.

I am wondering if this problem is not related to the windows version. I am
using windows 98 _first release_. I would like to know if anybody could
setup client AFS properly on such a computer. For example, to make the UI
work, I had to pick a DLL 'mfc42.dll' from a more recent windows 98
release, and put it into the afscli directory. Maybe there are some
incompatibilities between the network layers in the various subversions of
windows 98.

Regards,

Ch.