[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.0.4 vs. Win(9x, 2k)

Toens Bueker toens.bueker@gmx.net
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:31:23 +0200

Sam Hartman <hartmans@mekinok.com> wrote:

> Toens> Good question. Are there several options using the Win9x or
> Toens> W2K client?
>
> Yes.  You could either use the native login support or you could
> install Kerberos for Windows and use the aklog from
> ftp://cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/kerberos5 or something like that.

Aha. I thought W2K would already include some implementation of Kerberos
already - but I couldn't find it.

> You are probably using the native stuff since you didn't know there
> were multiple options.

Right.

> Ah, that would be me.  OK, so I've never actually tried to set that up
> to work with Windows AFS, but it should be fairly easy.
>
> First, run dpkg-reconfigure krb5-kdc.  For the krb4 mode select full
> rather than nopreauth.

I've done that already. Authentication worked as soon as I switched to 'full'.

> Then in /etc/krb5kdc/kdc.conf replace the supported_enctypes line with
> supported_enctypes = des-cbc-crc:afs3

There is already 'des:afs3'.

> See if that helps any.

It does. I can access my local afs-cell - but I cannot change into other cells
from the windows explorer (which works from the Linux command line, though).

by
Töns
--
Linux. The dot in /.