Correction - [OpenAFS] Win2K command line drive mapping

James Peterson jimpeter@us.ibm.com
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:53:10 -0700

Sorry about my previously incomplete message.

You are correct Global Drive Mapping doesn't seem to work.   I'll look into
it.

You can use NET USE to map your drives.
   Set Start AFS Client when computer starts
   place in your logon script:  net use T: \\yourComputerName-afs\yourPath

Win2k:
   yourComputerName can be located by looking at the properties/Network
   Identification of "MyComputer" icon.
   yourPath can be \afs\ShareName or \afs\CellName\SubPath - ShareName is
   one that you had defined from the AFS Client; CellName must match an
   entry in located in the CellSrvDB.   SubPath can be directory path.
   There are some cases that net use won't accept CellName\path; however,
   ShareName always works.

Win9x:
   yourComputerName can be located by looking at the
   properties/Identification of "Network" icon.
   yourPath must be a ShareName that you had defined from the AFS Control
   Panel.

James Peterson
"Integrity is the base of excellence."