[OpenAFS] arg, ssh and afs was the subject

David Thompson thomas@cs.wisc.edu
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:51:23 -0500

Peter.Kelemen@cern.ch wrote:

>A fellow sysadmin has written a patch to add Kerberos 5 support
>for OpenSSH-2.5.2p2.  You might try this, although it has never
>been tested with OpenAFS.  We use this patch in a production
>environment among AIX4 and Linux2 clients with Heimdal 0.3d.
>http://people.inf.elte.hu/gombasg/patches/openssh-krb5.2001-04-05

There are patches from Simon Wilkinson to do kerberos 5 ticket passing us=
ing =

the GSSAPI and ssh version 2 protocols.  It seems well written.  The only=
 =

piece you have to come up with is the aklog/krb524d to get your token.  W=
e're =

going that direction so that we can get everything running the version 2 =

protocols.  Check out http://www.sxw.org.uk/computing/patches/openssh.htm=
l if =

you're interested.

--
Dave Thompson  <thomas@cs.wisc.edu>

Associate Researcher                    Department of Computer Science
University of Wisconsin-Madison         http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~thomas
1210 West Dayton Street                 Phone:    (608)-262-1017
Madison, WI 53706-1685                  Fax:      (608)-262-6626