[OpenAFS] creating vice partitions.

Matthew Andrews mnandrews@lbl.gov
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:14:22 -0700

Hello, I have several questions about creating vice partitions on
fileservers. In particular I'd like to determine how many bytes per
Inode the filesystem should be created with, and second, what percentage
of the disk should be reserved(if this even has any effect on afs.)

This is on a solaris 8 server. It apears that the solaris 8 default is
8K per inode, and 10%(for filesystems less than 64GB) does an afs
fileserver still store ~1 file per inode, or is there deeper magic here?
IE for choosing the number of inodes, do the traditional unix
considerations about the average size of files hold true?

-Matthew Andrews