[OpenAFS] 1.1.0 client on RH 7.1

Rudolph T Maceyko rtm@cert.org
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:22:34 -0400

We've upgraded afsd in-place for years...  You (rpm, actually) don't
destroy the file with the old inode /usr/vice/etc/afsd points to...
That gets moved aside and unlinked after a completely new
/usr/vice/etc/afsd gets installed.  So afsd keeps running, the same as
any other file would remain available when updated this way.

BTW, the reason we update afsd in-place is that we deliver nearly all
of our software updates from /afs...  Right after the software is
updated the box reboots to fully pick up any changes (normally that's
the case anyway, when the update happens during the overnight automatic
software update).

-Rudy

--On Monday, July 23, 2001 11:14:45 -0400 Derek Atkins