[OpenAFS] 1.1.0 client on RH 7.1

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:29:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Neulinger, Nathan wrote:

> Hmm... Removing it shouldn't matter, since it should remain unlinked but
> in-use. Unless you got a weird O/S, you shouldn't be able to cp over it, you
> should get EBUSY or similar. Install -c just does an unlink and then a copy.

"weird O/S". Like Solaris?
11:27am:shadow@larimer:shadow:7> truss -o /usr/tmp/foo1 -p 1710 &
11:27am:shadow@larimer:shadow:8> cp /bin/truss /usr/tmp
11:27am:shadow@larimer:shadow:9> cp /usr/tmp/truss /bin
cp: overwrite /bin/truss (yes/no)? y
11:28am:shadow@larimer:shadow:10> uname -a
SunOS larimer.andrew.cmu.edu 5.8 Generic_108528-08 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Sun-Blade-100

You're right, though, I forgot Linux actually precludes that, but the
machine on my desk is Solaris, and more than once I've not been awake
enough to realize it was my own foot the gun was pointed at.

-D