[OpenAFS] NetBIOS on Win2K won't ReEnable

Randolph Welte Randolph Welte" <rwelte@sun2.ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:25:28 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C11433.577EA610

Hi James,

thanks a lot for your hint! After I had deinstalled the AFS Client -
followed by a deinstallation of the tcp/ip protocoll - I reinstalled tcp/ip
and the the AFS Client. Now all works very well ..........

.....and I can save my aspirin's for other affections  ;-)

Thanks, Randy

There is a problem with NetBios over TCP/IP and Un-Install AFS.

NetBios and AFS - It seems the un-installation of AFS does damage to
NetBios over TCP/IP.  As yet, the only solution is:

   Remove AFS (via Install/Remove Programs), optional
   Remove all network services and clients
   Remove TCP/IP protocol
   Reboot Win 2000
   Install network services, clients, and TCP/IP
   Install AFS
   Reboot

You can test the health of NetBios over TCP/IP by either doing nbtstat -n
or ipconfig  -all.

You can still install NetBEUI after all this if you want.   For example, if
you can't get SAMBA shares to work.

If this doesn't work take two aspirin and e-mail me in the morning.

James Peterson
"Integrity is the base of excellence."

___________________________________

                Randolph Welte

- Rechenzentrum / Computer Centre -
         ** University of Freiburg **
       Hermann-Herder-Strasse 10,

79104 Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Tel.: +49 (0)761 203 4672
           +49 (0)160 7540311
___________________________________

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C11433.577EA610
	filename="Randolph Welte.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Welte;Randolph
FN:Randolph Welte
ORG:University of Freiburg
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+49 (0) 761 /203-4672
ADR;WORK:;;Hermann-Herder-Strasse 21;Freiburg im Breisgau;;79106
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Hermann-Herder-Strasse =
21=3D0D=3D0AFreiburg im Breisgau 79106
URL;WORK:http://132.230.9.46
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:randy@uni-freiburg.de
REV:20010724T092528Z