[OpenAFS] 1.1.0 client on RH 7.1

Jan Hrabe hrabe@balrog.aecom.yu.edu
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:14:41 -0400

> I've applied most of this patch (I didn't take the openafs-compat
> changes).  Personally I don't see much of a need, really, and trying
> to maintain that much compatibility is just, um, challenging.  There
> are a lot of things that are done differently in the RPMs than a
> standard "afsws" install.

> -derek

I think that it is very important to keep as much compatibility
as possible. I would even argue in favour of keeping only
the traditional file locations. It seems that quite a few sites will
administer mixed installations for some time and it makes live a lot
easier if files don't move around. Is there any other reason
for the change than adherence to RedHat "standard"?

Honza