[OpenAFS] FSYNC_clientInit temporary failure (will retry): Connection refused

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:08:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, John Berninger wrote:

> I'm getting this message immediately after I create the fs process in
> creating a new cell.  I've created a cell before on the same machine and
> it's not caused a problem, but now it's giving me grief.  Can anyone
> point me towards a possible solution to this?  I've tried removing all
> old OpenAFS files / directories and rebooting as a 'shotgun' approach,
> but even that didn't work.

This is normal.  When it starts up, the volserver establishes a connection
to the fileservers 'fssync' service, which provides coordination with
processes that need to attach volumes while the fileserver is running.  If
the fileserver is not done starting up, the fssync service will not yet be
available.  The volserver notices this, prints a message, and goes to
sleep for a bit.  It will retry in a bit, just like the message says it
will.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer