[OpenAFS] Problem with starting up Open AFS.

Erik Danielsson erik.danielsson@syncom.se
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 11:42:19 +0200

--------------87AF9D281A24AC5430A7F99B

How does afs behave if you start it manually?
Does the libafs module load?
Try to load the module manually, if not already loaded.

insmod /usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-`uname -r`

If all loads and afsd is runninig you might try the following.

Try adding our cell-server in /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB
Add something like:

>myafsserver.mydomain.com	#My AFS-Cellserver
192.168.10.23			#myself.mydomain.com.

Replace myafsserver.mydomain.com with Cellname
myself.mydomain.com and ip-address with your values for the server.

//Regards
Erik Danielsson

Madhusudan Singh wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I am new to this list. I have a problem with using openafs. I have
> RH Linux 7.1 running on a P-III machine on a LAN. Open AFS packages
> installed are :
>     openafs-kernel-1.0.4-24.2
>     openafs-client-1.0.4-24.2
>     openafs-1.0.4-24.2
>
> The settings in /usr/vice/etc are :
>
>     cacheinfo : /afs:/usr/vice/cache:150000
>     ThisCell : engin.umich.edu
>
>     All other files are untouched.
>
>     AFS client fails to start up on bootup. There are no time out
> messages in /var/log/messages.
>
>     If someone could help me in sorting this out, I would be grateful.
> I am ultimately interested in setting up user accts that authenticate to
> realm engin.umich.edu using kerberos.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Madhusudan Singh.

--------------87AF9D281A24AC5430A7F99B

begin:vcard
n:Danielsson;Erik
tel;fax:+46 18 657101
tel;work:+46 18 657111
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Syncom Financial Systems
adr:;;Uppsala Science Park;Uppsala;;SE - 751 83;Uppsala
version:2.1
email;internet:erik.danielsson@syncom.se
title:IT-Services
x-mozilla-cpt:;-16896