[OpenAFS] Problem with starting up Open AFS.

Jan Hrabe hrabe@balrog.aecom.yu.edu
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 14:36:09 -0400

> AFS client fails to start up on bootup. There are no time out
> messages in /var/log/messages.

I think version 1.0.4 did not (at least for us) construct
the module name correctly. You can try lsmod to see
if the afs kernel module is loaded, e.g.,

[root@claymore /root]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
libafs-2.4.3-12       387984   2
3c59x                  24352   1  (autoclean)

To fix it, you can create a symbolic link with the name correctly
matching your kernel version (use 'uname -a' to find out which).
I would recommend using the latest OpenAFS version, though.
I think this has been fixed in it (certainly the make process was,
I am not sure about the RPMs).

--
Honza