[OpenAFS] Problem with starting up Open AFS.

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
29 Jul 2001 19:23:59 -0400

Madhusudan Singh <chhabra@eecs.umich.edu> writes:

> [root@guo /root]# insmod /usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-`uname -r`.o
> /usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.2-2.o: unresolved symbol
> generic_file_mmap_R807
> a06f4
[snip]

This is a known problem with the 1.0.4 RPMs on RH 7.1.  The module
wasn't built properly against all of the Red Hat kernels.  The 1.1.1
RPMs should be better, however it still have not been fully fixed,
yet.

> Next, I tried to run /usr/vice/etc/afsd.

You cannot run AFSD until you successfully load libafs.  The errors
you got from afsd are absolutely expected.

-derek