[OpenAFS] Mount points for .backup volumes

Heiko Schulz heiko@mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:02:54 +0200 (CEST)

> While this is an intuitive place for the mount point, it suffers from the
> problem that there's now a loop in the file system.  This is exhibited by
> messages like
>
>     find: ./.backup/.backup: No such file or directory

In addition I observed that Linux or at least XWindows crashed if one
uses "kfind" from KDE starting at the home directory.

> What are other peoples experiences/recommendations?

I created a directory "home.backup" in root.cell for the mount points of
the backup volumes.  So, if the user ask me for the backup, I tell him
this tree.

Heiko Schulz

--
Dr. Heiko Schulz