[OpenAFS] Limiting salvager to a single partition

Shawn Freebern smf@btv.ibm.com
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 13:55:29 -0500 (EST)

Does anyone know of a way to make the salvager work only on certain
partitions?

Basically, we'll be in a situation where we know two partitions are clean,
and two others have been imported from a failed server and need salvaging.
We need to stop the fileserver while salvager runs, that's a service
outage.  Salvager will slowly go through each of four 250gig partitions,
that makes the outage twice as long as it needs to be.  We'd like to
tell/trick the salvager into only hitting the two partitions that have
been imported - cutting downtime in half.  Any ideas?

The best option we have now is to unmount the two partitions that we don't
want to salvage.  Ugly all around.

Thanks,
	Shawn

--
Shawn M. Freebern               smf@btv.ibm.com
IGS Distributed Computing Server Infrastructure