[OpenAFS] Possible lockups on Linux 2.4.14

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch@adelphia.net
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 07:47:04 -0500 (EST)

All,

Are there any suspected problems with the OpenAFS 1.2.2 client on newer
SMP kernels?  I've run several kernels in the 2.4.14pre and release series
on a single-CPU box with no obvious AFS problems, but a dual PIII box is
giving me fits.

There are no clear indications of the pathology (either on-screen or in
the logs), but it periodically locks up during AFS access.  When in this
state, the box can be pinged - but little else works, requiring a
pushbutton reset.

This machine had run 2.2.19 + OpenAFS 1.0.4 for months under heavy load,
so I'm reasonably sure it's not a hardware issue.

Any specific troubleshooting suggestions?

Steve