[OpenAFS] Newbie question

Ming-Wei Shih Ming-Wei.Shih@covra.be
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 15:48:34 +0100

I've tried to install openafs 1.2.2 on a mandrack 8.0 with customized kernel
2.4.14.
Here is what I did:

unpack the source
make make install
insmod libafs-2.4.14.0
mkdir /afs
mkdir /viceaa
/usr/local/sbin/bosserver  -noauth
/usr/local/bin/bos setcellname filez.covra.lok TEST -noauth
/usr/local/bin/bos create filez.covra.lok kaserver simple
/usr/local/libexec/openafs/kaserver -cell TEST -noauth
/usr/local/bin/bos create filez.covra.lok buserver simple
/usr/local/libexec/openafs/buserver -cell TEST -noauth
/usr/local/bin/bos create filez.covra.lok ptserver simple
/usr/local/libexec/openafs/ptserver -cell TEST -noauth
/usr/local/bin/bos create filez.covra.lok vlserver simple
/usr/local/libexec/openafs/vlserver -cell TEST -noauth
/usr/local/sbin/kas -cell TEST -noauth
ka> create afs

After typing tha passwd it says

Wainting for quorum election

I couldn't find any usefull info about this can any one give me some hints.

I've also tried todo the same with rh7.1 + rpms, it gives me the same error,
I suppose  I'm missing some steps

TIA

xming