[OpenAFS] SAMBA - AFS bridge?

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 13:46:46 -0600 (CST)

> Can anyone out there tell me if there is any kind of SAMBA - AFS
> bridge?? (apologies to Charles Clancy for the mis-send)

In which direction?  Providing access to AFS via SMB, or providing access
to SMB shares via AFS?

For the first case, simply compile Samba with PAM support, and use the AFS
PAM module.  Of course, you'll have to use plain-text passwords for
authentication.  Users connects, authenticates, their SMB process setpag's
and gets a token, and everything's happy.

I've gotten it working with both regular AFS and Kerberized AFS.  For the
Kerberized version, you may have to hack the PAM client support in Samba
as it doesn't seem to call pam_session at the right time.  I did this for
Solaris 8 using my pam_aklog module.  I'm not sure how it would work under
Linux with pam_openafs_session.

--
t. charles clancy <> tclancy@uiuc.edu <> www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy