[OpenAFS] openafs and loop device on linux

Nathan Rawling nrawling@firedrake.net
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:54:53 -0500 (EST)

I'm not attempting to make work for anyone, or even just complaining.

I am curious, however. Is there any compelling reason that fileserver
partitions really need to be named "/vicep??"? Is there some sort of an
alpha->numeric mapping in the code somewhere that requires this?

Or, is this one of those "conventions" that pop up every once in a while
that live past their usefulness (like /usr filesystems)?

Nathan