[OpenAFS] job opening...

Garance A Drosihn drosih@rpi.edu
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:53:05 -0500

Would it be reasonable to wave a small little flag here saying that
RPI (the college where I work, located in Troy NY) has a job opening
for a systems-programmer position, seeing that we're particularly
interested in finding someone who has experience with AFS or OpenAFS?

http://www.rpi.edu/dept/hr/staffing/employmt.htm

has two links to our job openings (in different formats), and near
the bottom are positions for:
     Systems Administrator/   Network and Telecommunications
     Systems Programmer/      Network and Telecommunications

Note that while the department name is "Network and Telecommunications",
these two positions are really in the group called "Central Servers".
So, we're not looking for "network people", we're looking for "unix
people".  First position is just an entry-level administrator position,
the second one is the one looking for OpenAFS experience.  Check the
description on the web pages for any additional info.  (don't bother
contacting me -- I don't make the hiring decisions... :-)