[OpenAFS] Report on using openafs on Redhat 7.2

Jason Edgecombe jedgecombe@carolina.rr.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:28:01 -0500

hi,

  I upgraded my working RH 7.1 system to 7.2 and I rebuild the openafs
source rpm using my own config files (CellServDB, ThisCell, SuidCell).
All I did was rpm -ba openafs-1.2.2.spec and installed the rpms.

Everying works fine, but I'm using Kerberos V4. I deliberatly didn't
install Redhat's afs-kerb5 rpm.

One note, an afscache on an ext3 partition works fine, but it complains
that it can't unlink the .journal file.

here is the exact message:
Stopping AFS services.....
Found libafs-2.4.9-13-i686.o from SymTable... Loading...
Starting AFS services.....
doSweepAFSCache: Can't unlink '/usr/vice/cache/.journal', errno is 1
afsd: All AFS daemons started.
doSweepAFSCache: Can't unlink '/usr/vice/cache/.journal', errno is 1
afsd: All AFS daemons started.

Everything else it working fine. Thanks Derrick!

These are the open afs rpms that I have installed. These are the ones
that I built:
% rpm -qa | grep openafs
openafs-client-compat-1.2.2-rh7.2.1
openafs-1.2.2-rh7.2.1
openafs-kernel-source-1.2.2-rh7.2.1
openafs-kernel-1.2.2-rh7.2.1
openafs-devel-1.2.2-rh7.2.1
openafs-client-1.2.2-rh7.2.1

Note: I'm using Grub and it's pretty nice. No problems so far.

Sincerely,
Jason Edgecombe