[OpenAFS] client doesn't see newly created replication sites

Craig_Everhart@transarc.com Craig_Everhart@transarc.com
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:27:32 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from mail: 16-Nov-01 Re: [OpenAFS] client doesn'.. Charles
Clancy@xauth.net (1636*)

> The solution is to mount the '.readonly' volume instead of just the '#'
> volume.  This guarantees you hit the RO one.

> The other pseudo-solution I've seen is to reboot the machine.  Then it
> will rebuild the cache, and with 3/4 probability decide to use one of the
> RO volumes instead.

The solution is neither of these.  The normal mount point is fine.  What
you have to do is re-traverse the mount point, so that you get into the
replicated volume instead of the RW.  Your current working directory
isn't supposed to change out from under you.

The reboot forces you to traverse the mount again.

		Craig