[OpenAFS] No interfaces with IP address

Rudolph T Maceyko rtm@cert.org
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:05:22 -0500

Yves,

--On Wednesday, November 21, 2001 16:47:11 +0100 yves schutz
<schutz@in2p3.fr> wrote:

> udolph and others,
>
> Thanks for the answer. I indeed found the problem: I have installed
> the french version of RH where "addr" is spelled "adr" !

Add LANG=C just before the ifconfig command to make it say "inet addr"
instead.  This change has just been added in CVS.

> I have found another problem in the afs script:
> I had to replace the line :
>        if [ ! -f  $MODLOADDIR/$LIBAFS] ; then
> by
>        if [ ! -f "$MODLOADDIR/$LIBAFS" ] ; then
> to get it running.

This change has also been added in CVS, but you'll probably do better
to use /urs/vice/etc/makesymtable on any new libafs modules you put in
/usr/vice/etc/modload; they'll be added to Symtable.local and should be
found automatically without making any additional symlinks.

> Now remains an unsolved problem: (although I have created the
> following link "ln -si libafs-2.4.3-12-i686.o  libafs-2.4.9-12.o ")
>
> [root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/afs start
> Hmm...  I can't seem to find an AFS kernel module suitable for your
> Linux  kernel.  That means you will need to build or obtain a
> suitable module.  The following information may be of some use in
> obtaining assistance:  CPU Type:        (1)
> Linux version:  2.4.9-12 #1 Tue Oct 30 18:33:49 EST 2001
> RedHat release: Red Hat Linux release 7.1 (Seawolf)
> Symbol versions:
> Found iget4 9fbc870a from SymTable... Loading...
> AFS module /usr/vice/etc/modload/ iget4 9fbc870a does not exist. Not
> starting AFS.
>
> Thanks ... Yves

Hmm... It would probably be best to use makesymtable as mentioned above
and debug /usr/vice/etc/afsmodname to find out what's going wrong.

Good luck,
Rudy