[OpenAFS] Oopses (SuSE 7.0, 2.2.16)

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
21 Nov 2001 19:11:25 +0100

Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> said:
>The oops below appears to have been generated during umount. I'm not sure
>why you'd have been able to umount /afs while it was in use but if you
>did, don't do that. If not, were you umounting something else?
>
>> Process umount (pid: 3042, process nr: 131, stackpage=ccec1000)

Strange indeed. It was a bit late last night, but I just checked and it's
the only oops that shows up in the logs since I rebooted the box. And I'm
quite sure that the logs showed an oops last night when AFS stopped
responding.

I wasn't fooling around with mount or umount at the time of the write
test. Both the 'IPUT Bad refCount...' and the oops were from the same
time (02:11:13). The latest files on /vicepa are from 02:03, so I have to
conclude that my memory left me here and the oops happened a bit later on
'afs stop', and AFS just silently died on the write test (ouch).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>