[OpenAFS] wu-ftpd AFS root klog problem

Daniel_Clark@lotus.com Daniel_Clark@lotus.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:14:33 -0500

Does anyone have a method for setting up wu-ftpd so that it doesn't suf=
fer
from the problem of giving anonymous ftp users the same access to AFS a=
the AFS user root is klogged to?

I'm seeing the behavior on Redhat Linux 6.2 on i386 with wu-ftpd 2.6.0 =
and
IBM AFS 3.6.2.26 (3.6 patch 3).

I found a message from 1995 that mentions this problem, but at that tim=
e it
doesn't look like there was a solution (
http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/wu-ftpd/1995/Jul/0143.htm=
l ),
except perhaps some modifications Derrick J. Brashear made (
http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/mail-archive/wu-ftpd/1995/Jul/0193.htm=
l )
that don't look like the made it into the distribution.

I tried the below from the wu-ftpd FAQ, but it doesn't seem to really w=
ork
(at least on my platform) - all that happens is that in directories whi=
ch
the anonymous user shouldn't have access to, ls and dir don't list any
files. The anonymous user can still download files - he/she just has to=

guess names, which in our environment is very easy to do because comple=
te
directory tree listings are available.

Question:
I need to authenticate real users via AFS

Answer:
Edit the Makefile for your OS to add the AFS libs/includes. They only
appear in the Makefile for AIX. Then, add the following line to the
#include section of src/ftpd.c :
#include <afs/stds.h>

IFLAGS     =3D -I.. -I../support -I/usr/afsws/include
LFLAGS     =3D -L../support -L/usr/afsws/lib -L/usr/afsws/lib/afs
LIBES      =3D -lsupport -ls ${LAFS}

LAFS     =3D -lkauth -lubik \
             -lprot \
             -lrxkad -lrx -llwp \
             -lauth   -lsys \
             -lrxkad -ldes \
             -lcmd -lcom_err -laudit \
             /usr/afsws/lib/afs/util.a -lc

--
Daniel Clark =A7 Sys Admin & Assistant Release Engineer
IBM =BB Lotus =BB Messaging Technology Group (MTG)=