[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on SuSE 7.3 PowerPC Linux?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:59:13 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Paul Blackburn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone tried OpenAFS on SuSE 7.3 PowerPC Linux?
> I did not see it in the list of ports at
> http://www.openafs.org/pages/release/latest.html.
>
> Any advice on porting from source?

What kernel do they use? Linux 2.4 PPC should work but realistically it
probably depends on the mix of patches they've applied to their kernel if
1.2.2 will work; It may be that you need the CVS head which has a
one-liner that someone (Mandrake?) needs, and it may be that even this
isn't enough, but I'd start with 1.2.2 and go from there.

-D