[OpenAFS] AFS without local authentication

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:39:07 -0500

>Doesn't *BSD use nsswitch?  I'd be highly surprised if it didn't.  I
>know IRIX supports it (just verified personally).  I don't know about
>AIX.  What other OSes do you care about?

Are you sure Irix supports _arbitrary_ nsswitch mechanisms?  It looks like
my reading of it is just supports a few (whatever are compiled into nsd).
My look at the NetBSD C library sources seems to imply that it only supports
whatever is compiled into it (but that does include Hesiod).

So it sounds like there is now more support for doing this then when I
originally looked at Hesiod; that's cool.

--Ken