[OpenAFS] Volume and mount point data consistency questions

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 09:58:59 +0200

Tim Gaastra schrieb:

> 1. I have a replication volume that shows up in "vos listvol" which
> otherwise the system doesn't believe exists:
> root.cell.readonly                536870916 RO          2 K On-line
>
> It's a leftover from attempting replication. I'd like to strike it from
> the system, but vos remove doesn't see it. Interestingly, there is a
> real root.cell.readonly on the same partition, that IS the replication
> volume. It of course has a different ID.

Do a "vos zap <server> <partition> 536870916

> 2. I also have a couple of mount points that exist for volumes that no
> longer exist. If I attempt to issue fs rmmount for them, I get the
> statement:
> fs: You can not change a backup or readonly volume

You must be in the RW-path to remove the mount point. Typically this
path starts in root.afs with a mount point for root.cell with the -rw
option as ".<cellname>"

/afs/.<cellname>/

Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)