[OpenAFS] AFS/NFS Translator

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:16:53 +0200

Hi Martin,

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 09:52:30AM +0200, Martijn Dekkers wrote:
> I have been trying to make the AFS/NFS translator work without much
> success on a Linux box. Is this a supported configuration at all? Are
> there any other documents regarding this that can help me out?

You can export an AFS tree using the user-space NFS server. The
kernel-space one does not work. Authentication also does not work.

We have successfully used a system:anyuser-like AFS/NFS-translator to
export FTP-Mirrors and NFS-Roots for kickstart-installing RedHat boxes.

HTH! Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/