[OpenAFS] openafs on openbsd

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:54:09 -0500 (CDT)

> I'm trying to install OpenAFS on a OpenBSD 3.0 computer.  Okay following the
> suggestion in the mailing list I did this:
>
> ./configure --with-afs-sysname=i386_obsd29
>
> It configures okay, then I do a "make" and get this error:
>
> Can't open source file ``OBSD/*.[ch]'': No such file or directory

That's because there are no OpenBSD versions of rx_kmutex.h and rx_knet.c.
If there were, they would be located in openafs-1.2.3/src/rx/OBSD.  As I
mentioned before, there hasn't been a full port of OpenAFS to OpenBSD as
part of the regular source distribution, that I know if.  Perhaps you
should check CVS.

If you wanted to work on one, I'd suggest starting with:
	cp -rf openafs-1.2.3/src/rx/FBSD openafs-1.2.3/src/rx/OBSD

I doubt many changes would be needed in the FreeBSD code to make it work
on OpenBSD, but don't expect "make" to work properly without at least
making a few changes to rx_kmutex.h and rx_knet.c.

I'm not a [Free|Open]BSD user myself, so I'm sure there are issues that I
am not aware of.

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]