[OpenAFS] AFS aware 'find' command

Vladimir Kondratiev vladimir.kondratiev@intel.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:12:13 +0300

Matthew A. Bacchi wrote:

>I've heard rumors of such a thing way back in the AFS collective
>memory, but does anyone know of, or have a copy of an AFS aware
>version of the 'find' command?  It was described to me as having
>knowledge of volume boundaries, and therefore not attempting to
>traverse beyond such a boundary during invocation.  Any help would be
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>-Matt

You will be surprised, but standard GNU find (findutils RPM for RedHat,
or ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/findutils/ )
do support AFS. Look at sources, they have AFS aware macros for autoconf
and corresponded parts in the code. I, however, had troubles compiling
it with AFS support since it looks for libraries with names different
from those used in openAFS.

Vladimir.

Vladimir.