[OpenAFS] Re: AFS aware 'find' command

Todd M. Lewis Todd_Lewis@unc.edu
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:52:00 -0400

eichin-oa@boxedpenguin.com wrote:

> Note that the important part of "find support for afs" is to force
> -noleaf when in afs; the ..-link-count hack doesn't work...

While that's critical for find to work, it would be nice to be able to,
for example, find directories/files writable by specific PTS users or
groups, find volume mount points, prune searches at mount points n
levels down, find volumes that were backed up more or less than n days
ago.  These are just off the top of my head.  I'm sure others could come
up with AFS specific find functionality that would immediately become
"important" if it were available.
  / Todd_Lewis@unc.edu                  http://www.unc.edu/~utoddl /
 /(919) 962-5273  Linux - It's now safe to turn on your computer. /