[OpenAFS] Web Server Processes Lost Token

Harald Falkenberg harald.falkenberg@desy.de
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:36:23 +0200

Hi,

we are running on our site an Apache web server started in a shell with a
valid token, to enable the web server to access into our AFS space.
Although I can see within a CGI script, that I should have a valid
token by using 'tokens' or 'tokens.krb', I can't access certain
direcotries, which are only accessible for the user, who owns the web
server. This problem ocurred in the past from time to time, but now very
freuqently. When I give the web server process environment a new token by
a complete new start, than everything is working well again.

I compared the pag number of this process group with the entries in the
token cach, and it looks like as if everything is ok. The web server
processes are still referencing to their original pag numbers.

On the web server machine we are still using the transarc client version
3.6 2.6 on solaris 7.

Does anyonye have an idea of what is going wrong in our web/AFS
environment?

For any hint I would be very glad.

Thanks in advance
	Harald