[OpenAFS] Home directory in AFS

Derek T. Yarnell derek@cs.umd.edu
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:05:08 -0400

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 02:30:54PM +0200, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> Secondly, and I've discussed this on the MIT KerberosV mailinglist,
> what about using RSA keys? I liked that feature of SSH very much when
> I started using it around '95 (or whatever it was :)... Especially
> when using starting my X WindowManager as an ssh-agent :)
>
> When using RSA keys, I don't get the initial ticket, and can't therefor
> get the AFS token either... :(

First of all, thank you Turbo for the LDAPv3 howto you have been writing, it
has been very helpful.  However I am still having a bit of a problem getting it
all to work, so I may email you with some questions.

Second as for the RSA ssh-ing, I am guessing you mean the DSA/RSA hosts
authenitcation with ~/.ssh/authorized_keys{1,2} functionality?

This would be a case I thought for the Forwardable Tickets in Krb5 and ssh.
Supposedly openssh with the gssapi patches should be able to forward your tickets.

http://www.sxw.org.uk/computing/patches/openssh.html

Maybe I am just off track and don't know what I am talking about.

--
---
Derek T. Yarnell