[OpenAFS] IBM withdrawing AFS

Mattias Amnefelt mattiasa@e.kth.se
21 Apr 2002 20:42:09 +0200

Mitch Collinsworth <mitch@ccmr.cornell.edu> writes:

> What are other groups doing when they hire new sysadmins?
> Insisting on prior experience as an AFS admin?  In-house training?
> Point 'em at the docs and tell them to start reading?  Even for
> someone with good unix admin skills there's still quite a bit of
> information to be assimilated here.

We usualy go for inhouse training combined with trial and horror. Our new
admins normaly don't become AFS-administrators until they have gottent
atleast fairly well-adjusted to the environment. Most of our people are
experienced AFS users even as they begin working for us, since we often
employ students.

We used to send a few people to Transarcs AFS-classes, but that was well
before my time.

/mattiasa