RE[4]: [OpenAFS] vos command error while creating first AFS volume on Tru64 5.1A

Jean-Pierre Vorlet Jean-Pierre.Vorlet@unifr.ch
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:23:22 MET_DST

>Jean-Pierre Vorlet <Jean-Pierre.Vorlet@unifr.ch> writes:
>
>> I have no idea what the problem is. Any help is appreciated...
>
>The problem is that the kernel module doesn't install the syscall
>correctly. You will see this if you install the kernel module and then run
>for instance fs lq / (it segfaults with bad system call)
>
>This is because the struct sysent changed between releases (they moved the
>members around, and removed the member sy_paralell) which makes the kernel
>modules binary incompatible. If you compile under 5.1 or 5.1a it works.
>
>I have made a binary release available at
>ftp://ftp.e.kth.se/pub/elektro/openafs/alpha_dux50_51a.tar.gz
>
>md5-sum:
>d01b0deea0480686376af3a0646f973f  alpha_dux50_51a.tar.gz
>
>/mattiasa

Using your distribution, no problem at all with the ./vos command:

$ ./vos create siuf.unifr.ch /vicepa root.afs -cell unifr.cht -noauth

Thanks for your help…
Jean-Pierre Vorlet   Jean-Pierre.Vorlet@unifr.ch   +41 26 300 7218
 System Manager      University of Fribourg            Switzerland