[OpenAFS] Strange behaviour of Windows AFS client for Windows NT

Fabian Aichele faichele@primusnetz.de
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:35:48 +0200

Hello!

A week ago I received a lot of extremely useful help on AFS authentication
against a Windows 2000 KDC. After three days of experimentation I
successfully made a Linux workstation get AFS tokens from a Windows 2000 KDC
with a krb524d running on my AFS server to handle V4 ticket conversion.
The next thing I tried was to get the OpenAFS client for Windows NT to do
the same. I configured the AFS cell settings exactly as I did for Linux.

When I try to obtain an AFS token, I get one, but its lifetime is dated
"tokens expire 02:21:28 01.01.1601", which obviously does not make sense.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem with the combination of a Windows
2000 KDC and a krb524d on a Unix station for AFS authentication and the
OpenAFS for Windows NT client?
Or is this a known problem?

Regards,
Fabian Aichele