[OpenAFS] Please...help... os x installation woes

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
27 Apr 2002 14:40:46 -0400

I don't know enough about NetInfo to know how to read the
output you gave me.

Here's the issue:  Ubik specifically ignores localhost (127.0.0.1)
and MUST have a "real" IP Address.  It determines its own IP Address
partially from its own hostname.  If it cannot resolve its own
hostname (serv.linux.bogus, I guess) then it will fail.

Make sure that serv.linux.bogus resolves to a "real"
(i.e. non-localhost) IP address.

-derek