[OpenAFS] how to get linux 2.4.18 kernel module

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:28:56 +0200

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 11:38:38AM -0400, eichin-oa@boxedpenguin.com wrote:

> > I had strange experiences with 2.4.18. It worked so far, but I could not
> > write to files. The file was created but I could not write data into it
> > ("Text file busy").
> >
> > Downgrading to 2.4.17 helped.
>
> My first question would be "was your /var/cache/openafs partition
> full"...  As for anecdotes, while I'm still running 2.4.17 on most
> machines (2.4.18 is broken on non-x86) openafs works fine on my laptop
> under 2.4.18, running Debian.

No chance:
tisc@powertower:~> df -h
[...]
/dev/ptmain/usr       3.0G  1.7G  1.1G  59% /usr
/dev/ptmain/afscache  496M   12M  484M   3% /usr/vice/cache
[....]

So even if I had it in /usr, the cache cannot have been full. The file
system is ext3 everywhere. I experienced this short after installing
the client on the machine.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/