[OpenAFS] OpenAFS fileservers and Veritas

Jason Garman jgarman@wedgie.org
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:33:13 -0400

Hi:

My boss is looking at "high availablility" options for AFS servers.  While
obviously one can replicate read-only volumes for increased availability,
most of our data is located in user's read/write home directories so that
doesn't apply... He has seen the Veritas High Availability Clustering
software and so I'm wondering if anyone has tried using that in
conjunction with the AFS fileserver.

Also, I seem to remember that the Veritas filesystem (VxFS) was not
compatible with AFS /vicepx partitions. Is this still true?  Would using
the new inode-based server solve that problem?

Thanks for any answers you might have!

--
Jason Garman / jgarman@wedgie.org