[OpenAFS] sudden crash

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
01 Aug 2002 10:37:40 +0200

    Neulinger> Nope. And in fact, recovery when servers come back is
    Neulinger> usually instantaneous, except if the server outage
    Neulinger> killed the machine. (I.e.  running web out of afs
    Neulinger> resulting in thousands of hung requests). In those
    Neulinger> cases, the client machine doesn't usually recover.

Nice! What value have you put there? Would 10 seconds be to small
a value? And I assume that the client wouldn't survive even if
the default values where used.

I'm just wondering why the default is so high - 50 seconds - and
not something 'reasonable' like 10-15 sec... ?
--
tritium Qaddafi Clinton Honduras radar 747 president security Waco,
Texas Iran Ft. Bragg cracking nitrate Cocaine strategic