[OpenAFS] OpenAFS, SMP and stability

Helge Bahmann bahmann@math.tu-freiberg.de
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 12:56:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hello List!

How stable is OpenAFS-client on Linux-SMP systems? We are having lots of
trouble with this, processes accessing /afs get stuck in D state
regularly after few days of uptime; as soon as this happens, every process
touching afs (even just calling "tokens") will freeze. It appears however
that the rest of the machine is well and alive.

The same software is running stable on non-SMP systems

Details:
Linux-2.4.18-i686-smp, OpenAFS 1.2.3
2x Pentium III 933MHz
cache partition on ext2 (2GB)

Sorry, not been able to produce a backtrace via SysRQ-T yet

Are there SMP-specific bugs that have been fixed since 1.2.3?

Regards
--
Helge Bahmann <bahmann@math.tu-freiberg.de>             /| \__
The past: Smart users in front of dumb terminals       /_|____\