[OpenAFS] What ports should be opened in the firewall

Martha.Cofran@cexp.com Martha.Cofran@cexp.com
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 09:18:57 -0600

I'm trying to figure out what ports I need to open through my firewall when
I setup AFS.

I'll have a single cell with 2 AFS servers.  Both servers will sit in the
DMZ and will serve content to 5 client machines that are currently all in
the same DMZ domain.  In a few months, though, we'll be implementing a 2
tier DMZ so I'll have a firewall between the servers and those clients.  In
addition, I'll 2 client machines on the internal network that need to access
the servers through the firewall to publish content out to the web servers.

I found a doc that says ports 7000-7032 are dedicated for server
communications but clients use the next available port.  I'm not sure what I
need to open either for the current internal clients or later for the 5 web
DMZ clients.