[OpenAFS] Windows XP and AFS

Kevin Coffman kwc@citi.umich.edu
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:15:52 -0400

> Hello,
> I've been trying to use AFS on Windows to load the user's profiles from an
> AFS 'share', which i've been able to do using the Transarc client (since
> the openafs one does not support global mapping). The problem is that as
> soon as the profile is loaded the afs token disapears (most of the time).
> So, to try to work around this problem i've tried to call a program that
> does the same as ms2mit and aklog together. Then the token appears, but
> sometimes it disappears a couple of seconds after the retrieval of the token.
> This behavior happens about half the times, but when the token "survives"
> the client seems to work perfectly for the lenght of the token life.
> Has anyone seen this kind of behavior, or has any clues as to why this happens?
> Thank you in advance
>
> Bruno Lopes

I assume you are using MIT K5 since you're using aklog.  We saw a
problem
where the token lifetime was interpretted as zero because of the
lifetime
of the afs principal in the K5 DB.  It was an incredibly long time that
was being interpretted as negative, and thus zero, and was the result
of the
afs->K5 migration.  This didn't seem to be a problem for unix clients,
but
was for windows clients.  If the max lifetime for the afs principal is
somehow messed up on one, but not all of the KDCs, this could be your
problem.  Just a shot in the dark...